Important Update: Since February, 2020, we no longer recommend Nervestra because the product is not transparent in their ingredient dosages and customers are leaving very mixed reviews. CLICK HERE for our best alternative recommendation.
Every day, around 20 million people in this country have to deal with the pain of neuropathy, a disorder that causes the nerves to send numbness, tingling, and pain signals. Usually, these feelings are noticed in the legs, the feet, the arms, and the hands. It is often a progressive condition, meaning it gets worse over time, significantly reducing people’s quality of life.
Unfortunately, there is currently no cure for neuropathy, but there are a number of pharmaceutical and supplemental options around to help make it more manageable. Additionally, the scientific community is very interested in the condition and is always looking for new treatment options.
One product that claims to offer relief is Nervestra, manufactured by Rejuvica, LLC. If you've been a reader of this blog, you know I am skeptical of most neuropathy supplements, and this one is no different.
In this review, I'll break down what I found through researching the ingredients, side effects, company and whether or not this product actually helps reduce nerve pain.
About the Company
Rejuvic, LLC is based in southern California. They have focused specifically on creating a product that helps to improve nerve health by ensuring that communication on the neural pathways is managed appropriately.
They claim that this helps to relieve various forms of nerve pain. If true, this is likely to bring a lot of relief to millions of Americans who have to deal with this kind of pain every day. The manufacturer even claims that the said supplement helps to improve overall health and well-being.
Nervestra takes a four step approach to treating nerve health, with each step being covered by a different ingredient. Specifically, these are:
- Turmeric, which is designed to fight aggravating inflammation. Turmeric has been extensively researched by the scientific community for its various benefits, with curcumin, the active compound of turmeric, having been hailed as more effective than ibuprofen and aspirin for chronic inflammation.
- Spirulina, which is added to improve nerve function. It is full of B vitamins as well as essential fatty acids. One study published by the American Physiological Society claims that these fatty acids can help to regenerate damaged nerves.
- Omega fatty acids, which are designed to revitalize the nerves. The effectiveness of this was confirmed in the Journal of Neurophysiology in 2015, which showed that omega fatty acids made nerves denser, encouraged new cell growth, and improved transmission of sensory signals.
- Alpha lipoic acid (ALA), an antioxidant that reduces oxidative stress damage. One study showed marked improvements in the sensations of patients with diabetic neuropathy after taking ALA.
How It Works
Nervestra is made up of high quality, innovative ingredients. It should be taken as part of a daily routine in order to improve overall nerve health and to reduce the health problems associated with the nerves.
It is a liquid drop, which means it is easy to get the dosage right. It is very important to take the product as directed. According to the manufacturer, doing so will lead to years of effective relief.
They also say that they have clinical evidence to support the effectiveness of the product. According to Rejuvic, the body will start to synthesize the ingredients, filtering them to the exact level that is needed to improve nerve health.
The ingredients help to soothe inflammation and relieve discomfort. When taken as directed, over time, people should be able to lead a pain-free life.
Nervestra is not an instant solution, as it always takes time for the body to heal. However, it is said to deliver quicker results than most other products of its kind. Rather than people having to take supplements for months before noticing any results, you should be able to start experiencing some benefits within the first week.
There are no known side effects associated with Nervestra. However, one thing to be aware of is Spirulina contains high amounts of iron. If your iron levels become too high, it can lead to abnormal heart beat and a host of other side effects.
- The product helps to support overall nerve health in a natural manner.
- The benefits of Nervestra are said to be noticeable within just one week of using it. In fact, by two weeks, it is said that people can return to their normal life.
- The supplement is reasonably affordable, particularly compared to other products on the market. Purchases are also covered by a money back guarantee.
- The manufacturer claims that the relief experienced as a result of this product is tremendous. This relief from nerve pain is precisely what people who suffer from neuropathy are looking for. Even the slightest improvement is often enough for them to become enthusiastic, because it so greatly enhanced their overall quality of life.
- The product is said to increase energy levels, meaning that people not only have the physical capability to go out and move, they have the energy and desire to do so as well. It is common for people with neuropathy to feel drained and exhausted because they have to deal with the pain every day.
- It is very easy to use Nervestra because it comes in a handy dropper bottle. The instructions indicate exactly how many drops you need depending on your personal situation, which means you always know you’re taking the right amount. Simply add the right number of drops to a drink and you can start to enjoy the benefits.
- The product is safe to use and not associated with any side effects. It is made in the USA, using an FDA approved facility that is known to follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- There is no information available on the dosage of the ingredients added to the product.
- The clinical information is patchy at best. While there are studies to confirm that the individual ingredients are beneficial, there is no clarity on how that was made possible, which dosages were used, and how that compares to the dosage in Nervestra.
- The company has engaged in some questionable marketing practices, including reviewing their own product and rating it above the competitors.
Reviews from Customers
A lot of people have tried Nervestra and have been very happy with the results. The reasons they gave were varied, which makes the reviews particularly interesting.
Randi O. says on Amazon on January 31, 2017 that he suffers from neuropathy induced by chemotherapy, and this has been almost unbearable at times. He has tried the product and has found that it has benefited him tremendously, enabling him to regain movement and improve his overall quality of life. This, in turn, has helped him to focus on his healing. His initial review has helped many people on Amazon, and he recently added further information. By October 7, 2017, he was still taking the product and continued to enjoy its benefits. Additionally, he has answered numerous people’s questions, for instance stating
“Yes, I have taken 3 doses a day for a week or two and yes I have had relief from tingling and numbness as well as pain.” Some 233 people found his review helpful, and 48 people have commented on it.
Meanwhile, people have also taken to other platforms to express how happy they were with the product. Charles says on eBay on January 25, 2017, for instance:
“I have suffered from chronic nerve pain from back surgery I had 3 years ago. I had used almost all drugs from the big doctors I have. All those drugs have too many side effects. Tried your product and I can move and sit in a chair again.”
Conclusion – Does It Really Work?
Whether or not Nervestra really works is the million dollar question. It seems that the product has received numerous positive reviews from people who were truly impressed with the effects of the supplement.
However, the company has also engaged in some very questionable marketing practices, including reviewing their own product and rating it above others. On the other hand, it seems that those who have left positive reviews were genuine.
Taking Care of Your Nerve Health
It is very important for people who want to become and/or stay healthy to support the nerves throughout their peripheral nervous system. This becomes more difficult as we age, however, whether or not we suffer from neuropathy as a result of diabetes, shingles, chemotherapy, trauma, or any other reason. When our nerves start to degenerate, it becomes increasingly difficult to take part in certain physical activities. Nervestra claims to be suitable to people of all ages, with any underlying condition, improving their overall nerve heath. It is an affordable product and that alone makes it worth a try.
Where to Buy
The best place to purchase Nervestra is through the manufacturer’s own website. In addition, it is also available through a range of other websites, including eBay and Amazon. Generally speaking, the Nervestra website offers the best value for money.
At the time of this writing, the 30 day money back guarantee was extended to 60 days. Additionally, there was a 15% off coupon available, as well as a coupon for an extra $10 off. This means that the discounted price for a three month supply is just $108.
Our Final Thoughts
It seems that Nervestra is a decent quality product that may be effective for some people with ingredients that actually do support overall nerve health. It also seems that it works very well on men and women alike, and that it can be used by people of all ages
The product has received a lot of mixed feedback. Many have stated that they highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in improving their overall nerve health, while others said it did absolutely nothing to improve their symptoms.
Like most supplements, it does come with a full money back guarantee, so you should be able to get a refund if it doesn't work for you. Before you consider purchasing, you should be aware that the product is liquid and does not taste that great.
For these reasons, my recommendation is to be cautious before you spend your money on Nervestra and consider trying other alternatives.
Overall, Nevestra seems like a decent supplement. However we are very concerned with their marketing practices along with the unclear dosage information used in the clinical studies studies they referenced. We are honestly not sure if there is enough scientific evidence to support the claims made regarding these ingredients.
We have reviewed several nerve pain supplements and have come to the conclusion that the best value for your money, as well as overall effectiveness and safety, is a supplement called Nerve Renew by the Neuropathy Treatment Group. The company has been around since 2011 and received positive ratings from many reputable websites and customers. They also offer a much stronger 365 Day Money Back Guarantee than Nervestra.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 2.5 stars
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- IngredientsEditor: 70%
- DosagesEditor: 45%
- EffectivenessEditor: 86%
- SafetyEditor: 80%
- Money Back GuaranteeEditor: 70%